Thursday, December 27, 2012

Really Short Song I Wrote on 9/11/12


I remember September tears, All the fighting through all these years.
I remember fireflies that night...
I remember when those towers fell
the people trying to get through hell
And I just wondered, are you coming home?

You walked into fire and walls,
Seeing if people could be brought home,
All the while I carried you in my heart.

Are you coming home?

Or is it too late?

Did those towers fall and take you away from me?

Oh I remember when, the worst thing was the hope.

Hope that you were still alive and I wouldn't get that call...

On that September night, when it was still too warm,
I heard a knock at the door and I ran cause I thought that you were home...

When I walked into the night, I could feel my heart freeze.
It was your Captain holding your helmet out to me.
I remember when those, Towers fell...



So Typically I don't write songs like this but I guess this is one of my exceptions. People tend to forget that there are hundreds of people that could be effected by a single death. I don't know what to tell anyone reading this, losing someone you love is devastating, but there are always going to be people that love you that are more than willing to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment